Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Dance Recital

   I take lyrical at Dance Element, and on May 30, we had our yearly recital. Of course I was at the very end, so I had to wait forever before I could actually do my dance. My dance went well, and then all the dancers gathered at the wings of the stage for the finale. All the sudden, this guy gets up there and everyone starts yelling,"GO MARVIN!!!". I was honestly clueless, so I asked the person in front of me,"Who the heck is Marvin?" and she just stood there with her jaw dropped open. Little did I know,  this "Marvin" was one of the hip-hop teachers at Dance Element, but that's not all. Two seasons ago on So You Think You Can Dance, Marvin actually was in the top three! He has a dance crew now, called Motion Theory, and they're really good. Afterwards, my family and I went to Applebee's for dinner. All in all, I had a great night!

1 comment: